A note from The Three Amigos:
The next Japan C2C is coming up and we are excited.
This two-day ride is ideal for the entry level cyclist as well as the experienced cyclist who desires a leisurely ride.
The ride will begin at Nagoya Port and end at Tsuruga port where we will have a celebratory meal before catching the train back. The ride will be partially supported as we will have a car accompanying us to carry most of your luggage. However every rider will be expected to have what he or she needs for the ride itself. Please see the list below.
If there is enough interest we may also consider having a group start in Kansai, and we will all rendezvous at our accommodation in Nagahama on Lake Biwa.
To cover administrative costs and support vehicle with a driver, there will be a 10,000 yen non refundable registration fee which needs to be paid by Sept 30th. This event is in aid of needy families and we encourage everyone to use this adventure to raise as much money as possible for those who are less fortunate than ourselves. HOPE International Development Agency can help you by providing you a pledge page on the HOPE Global Challenge Website where you can direct sponsors. On the registration form you will see various targets and projects you can raise funds for.
We hope you can join us. Register Now!
The Three Amigos
October 10-11, 2010 (Sun-Mon is a national holiday)
Day 1 / Nagoya Port to Nagahama, Biwako (90 kms)
Day 2 / Nagahama to Tsuruga Port (50 kms)
See the planned route here
Nagahama Cycling Center (Website, in Japanese only)
- 10,000 yen registration fee
- Approx: 10,000 yen in accommodation and food costs. The actual accommodation at cost 3,500 yen per person, leaving plenty in your budget for food and drink.
Minimum fundraising target of 10,000 yen for HOPE International Development Agency. Choose your own target and project:
- 10,000 yen for a tent for one family in the Flood Zone of Pakistan
- 25,000 yen for 25 Hygiene Kits for 25 families in the Flood Zone of Pakistan
- 80,000 yen for a Cow in the Cambodia Cow Bank Program
- 100,000 yen for a well for five families in Cambodia
- 135,000 for school supplies and uniforms for one class ( 50 students) in a rural and very poor community in Cambodia
- Bicycle: either a road bike or a mountain bike with smooth tires. Please make sure you have a bell and a front and rear light.
- Repair kit: spare inner tube and the tools to change a tire.
- Shirts and Shorts that wick the moisture from your body. Shorts should be bicycle shorts with the padded inner lining which guards against chafing
- Water bottle
- Cell Phone number
- Email address
- Type of bike
- Your fundraising goal and project
- Payment Method: Furikomi or cash envelope. We will send you the details