Jolly cyclists will gather on December 23rd at the Aoyama United Nations University Farmers Market from 17:00 and the ride scheduled to start at 17:30. The distance won't be that great, and cycling is at a low pace so you can drift up and down the pack and enjoy a leisurely chat. Its a social ride with emphasis firmly on "social". Cyclists if all creeds, and bicycle of all style most very welcome.
There is no obligation to get dressed up to attend the ride, but hey, its only Christmas once a year so why not?! Santa Clause costumes can be had at your local Daiso or other ¥100 shop for ¥400, but feel free to come as a reindeer, elf, snowman or whatever! Got an Easter Bunny costume instead? We don't care! Hell, in the summer we rode (almost) NUDE! Just get it on and join the fun!
Suggested Ride Items:
- A costume. Santa Clause preferred but its up to you.
- Lights, lots of lights, the more flashy and annoyingly Christmasy the better!
- Decorated bike. Tinsel, mistletoe, Christmas decorations, lights, inflatable reindeer, anything goes. The more outrageous the better.
- A beverage or two, remember you have to ride home, but we ARE celebrating.
- A sound system. This will not be a "Silent Night".
- A means of making it snow, failing that, a means to blow bubbles!
- Christmas cheer, and lots of it!
I will be attending and would like to invite all Tokyo By Bike readers to come along and join in the fun. I've not met nearly enough of you!
If you do plan to participate let me know, or shoot me a message on Twitter so I can look out for you. You may think it easy to spot a man in a Santa suit, but its not when EVERYONE is dressed as Santa!
When : December 23rd, 17:00 for a 17:30 start.
Where : Aoyama United Nations University Farmers Market
Details : Night Pedal Cruising Christmas Ride Deluxe Event Page